Meetings of Interest (2012-2015)
Meetings of Interest - 2015
- GA-2015 Focus Meeting "Bridging Laboratory Astrophysics and Astronomy"
In December of 2013, Comm. 14 together with the Laboratory Astrophysics Division (LAD) proposed to hold the Focus Meeting "Bridging Laboratory Astrophysics and Astronomy: From Provider to User" at the General Assembly in Honolulu in 2015 (see the proposal draft). In the beginning of May, 2014, the IAU Executive Committee has approved the proposal (see the acceptance letter). Inspect the IAU website regarding the FM final program, schedule, and registration.
- February 23-26, 2015, Poipu, Kauai, Hawaii, USA The Second Workshop on Experimental Laboratory Astrophysics (ICE2015)
- March 5-7, 2015, Tokyo, Japan Icy Grain Chemistry for Formation of Complex Organic Molecules: From Molecular Clouds to Protoplanetary Disks, Comets and Meteorites
- March 16-27, 2015, Trieste, Italy 2015 Joint ICTP-IAEA Advanced School and Workshop on Modern Methods in Plasma Spectroscopy
- March 23-25, 2015, Callaway Gardens, in Pine Mountain, GA Laboratory Astrophysics for Beyond Hubble: fundamental processes from the NIR to the FUV
- May 5-7, 2015, Paris, France KIDA workshop on interstellar and planetary atmosphere chemistry
- June 15-19, 2015, Chicago, IL, USA Interstellar Chemical Evolution: Astrochemistry from Atoms to Amino Acids
- June 15-19, 2015, Srebrno jezero, Serbia Serbian Conference on Spectral Line Shapes in Astrophysics
- July 1-13, 2015, Iceland Nordic-Hawai'i Summer School "Water, Ice and the Origin of Life in the Universe"
- August 17-21, 2015, Tokyo, Japan The 8th meeting on Cosmic Dust
- September 7-11, 2015, Zermatt. Switzerland The 6th Zermatt ISM Symposium: Conditions and Impact of Star Formation - From Lab to Space
- September 13-17 , 2015, Annapolis - Maryland, USA From interstellar ices to polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons: A symposium to honor Lou Allamandola's contributions to the molecular Universe
Meetings of Interest - 2014
- April 7-9, 2014, Leiden, The Netherlands Faraday Discussion Number 168 - Astrochemistry of Dust, Ice and Gas
- June 1-5, 2014, Boston, USA The Second LAD meeting during AAS 224th meeting
- June 1-6, 2014, Tullahoma, Tennessee, USA 22nd International Conference on Spectral Line Shapes
- June 16-20, 2014 - Champaign-Urbana, Illinois, USA The 69th International Symposium on Molecular Spectroscopy and mini-symposium Astronomical Molecular Spectroscopy in the Age of ALMA
- June 23-25, 2014, Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics in Cambridge, USA 13th Biennial HITRAN Conference
- September 2-6, 2014, Bologna, Italy The 23rd International Conference on High Resolution Molecular Spectroscopy
- September 29 - October 2, 2014, Jena, Germany The 9th ICAMDATA meeting
Meetings of Interest - 2013
- April 7-11, 2013, Monterey, USA Bridging Laboratory and High Energy Astrophysics, a special session to be held at the HEAD meeting.
- May 13-17, 2013, Banja Koviljaca, Serbia 9th Serbian Conference on Spectral Line Shapes in Astrophysics
- May 20-24, 2013, Noordwijkerhout, Netherlands IAU Symposium 297: The Diffuse Interstellar Bands
- May 27-31, 2013, Roscoff, France a special session Atomic data and Opacities to be held at the conference New advances in stellar physics: from microscopic to macroscopic processes
- June 2-6, 2013, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA, First LAD Meeting Bridging Laboratory and Astrophysics (will be held during the 222nd Meeting of the American Astronomical Society)
- June 11-14, 2013, Hȍȍr, Sweden, Isotopes as diagnostic tools in astronomy, geology and biology
- June 25 - July 2, 2013, Onsala Space Observatory, Sweden, Summer course "Molecules in space"
- August 5-9, 2013, Mons, Belgium The 11th International Conference on Atomic Spectroscopy and Oscillator Strengths (ASOS11)
- September 8-12, 2013, Indianapolis, USA Astrochemistry Symposium at the Fall ACS National Meeting
- September 9-13, 2013, Paris, France, Special Symposium ASTRONOMICAL FRONTIERS FOR SURFACE SCIENCE during the International Vacuum Congress (IVC-19)