Fields of activities
Main directions of activity in the Centre:
Research work on the following topics:
- Study of binary stellar systems:
- numerical simulation of substance exchange processes in interacting binary stars;
- study of accretion discs and accretion processes;
- comparison of simulation results with observational data;
- statistical studies of binary and multiple star systems.
- The study of atmospheres of stars with abnormalities in chemical composition:
- investigation of chemical composition abnormalities of main sequence stars;
- study of chemical composition abnormalities of giant stars and young stars.
- Study of star formation and evolution:
- Construction of evolutionary scenarios;
- Numerical modeling of the formation of stellar systems;
- Determination of the evolutionary status of the peculiar binary systems.
- The study of galaxies:
- Innovation activity:
- Organization of integrated observation programs:
- Elaboration of a program of extra-atmospheric observations at the “Spectrum–UV Observatory”;
- Elaboration of a program of extra-atmospheric observations with interferometer- arcmeter (the project “Astrometry”).
- Works on the control of space environment.
- Participation in the activities on the topic “Asteroid-comet hazard”