Group of Physics of stellar and planetary systems
Head of the group
Full Dr. Polyachenko Eugeny V.
- Investigation of the composition, kinematics and dynamical evolution of the galaxies.
- Study of the spiral structure of the galaxies.
- Development of the theory of stability of gravitating systems.
- Investigation of hydrodynamic instabilities in astrophysics.
- Study of population and structure of stellar clusters.
- Investigation of origin and evolution of open clusters of the Milky Way.
- Study of kinematics and space structure of stellar groups.
- Polyachenko E.V. – Full Dr. of Sci., leading researcher, head of the Group
- Torgashin Yu.M. – Dr., senior researcher
- Khoperskov S.A. – Dr., researcher