Department of physics of stellar systems
Head of department
Full Dr. Malkov Oleg Yu.
STRUCTURE OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Group of Physics of Stellar and planetary systems (head of the group, Full Dr. of Sci. Polyachenko Eugeny V.)
- Centre for Astronomical Data (head of the group, Dr. Dluzhnveskaya Olga B.)
- Investigation of the composition, kinematics and dynamical evolution of the galaxies.
- Study of the spiral structure of the galaxies.
- Development of the theory of stability of gravitating systems.
- Investigation of hydrodynamic instabilities in astrophysics.
- Study of population and structure of stellar clusters.
- Investigation of origin and evolution of open clusters of the Milky Way.
- Study of kinematics and space structure of stellar groups.
- Development of the methods of parametrization of the stars.
- Investigation of the stellar extinction in the Milky Way.
- Study of binary and multiple stars.
- Creation, development, support and management of the astronomical catalogues and databases.
- Development of the Russian Virtual Observatory and its integration into the International Virtual Observatory.
- Chulkov Dmitry A. – Junior researcher
- Dluzhnevskaya Olga B. – Dr., leading researcher, head of the group
- Khoperskov Sergey A. – Dr., researcher
- Kovaleva Dana A. – Dr., senior researcher
- Malkov Oleg Yu. – Full Dr. of Sci., head of the department
- Pakhomova P. – PhD student, junior researcher
- Piskunov Anatoly E. – Full Dr. of Sci., Professor, leading researcher
- Polyachenko Evgeny V. – Full Dr. of Sci., leading researcher, head of the group
- Postnikova Ekaterina S. – junior researcher
- Torgashin Yury M. – Dr., senior researcher
- Vereshchagin Sergey V. – Dr., senior researcher